66 books, 31,000 verses, 1 life-changing experience
From a babe you have known the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through the faith which is in Christ Jesus. –2 Timothy 3:15
If you have a smart phone you can import the CSOC Reading Schedule right into your calendar. There are two ways to do this. You can use 1) the Google Calendar website on your browser or 2) the link on this webpage.
Option 1: Google calendar site
1. Copy this link (on iPhones it is easiest if you view this page in Reader Mode by clicking the line-style icon in the left corner of the URL bar):
2. Go to your google calendar page
3. At the bottom of the screen click “desktop” to go to the desktop view
4. On the left navigation menu, go to “Other Calendars” and click the drop-down square button on the right:
5. Click “Add by URL”, paste the link you copied in step one, and click “Add Calendar”
6. Now you are subscribed, but to sync this new subscription with your mobile devices you have to do an additional step. Go to this link below and check the box next to “CSOC Bible Reading”:
7. If certain days are not showing up in your calendar for the new schedule:
Go to your iPhone settings.
Click Mail, contact, calendars.
Unsync your calendar. It will ask if you want to delete it. Say yes.
Once it deletes, simply switch your calendar back on. That should fix it.
Option 2: Link on CSOC webpage
1. Download the calendar from the link below (please do not use Chrome browser)
2. Your mobile devices sync the calendar automatically.
3. By using Option 2 you are only downloading the currently uploaded schedule and will have to repeat this step once the schedule starts over. Options 1 will automatically update your calendar with any changes CSOC makes to the schedule, including adding next year’s schedule to this calendar.
- Before each day’s reading portion, prepare your heart by spending a few minutes in prayer.
- Although any time of the day is good for reading God’s word, the first part of your day is ideal.
- If you miss a day, don’t get discouraged. Keep up with the current day’s reading, and go back, when you have more time, to read the portions you missed.
- Find another student or staff member to keep yourself accountable, motivated, supplied, and successful. The Christian life was not designed to be lived alone. Don’t be surprised when it doesn’t work that way.
- Share your enjoyment of Christ with the world through text, Facebook, Twitter, or even better, in person! All of the grace and light God gives us individually is for the Body of Christ and for others’ encouragement, consolation, and building up. Don’t keep it to yourself!
- Any other struggles you encounter are opportunities to experience the love and supply of the Body of Christ. Open up to those around you for prayer and you will be amazed at what God will do. You may also be surprised that you are not alone in your struggles. We’re in this together!
PDF Version with OT starting in 2 Sam 21 (current schedule)
PDF Version with OT starting in Gen 1 (last year’s schedule)